Join the global movement to stop Antibiotic Resistance. Learn more about supporting your patients in correct use of antibiotics and the larger issue of Superbugs and Antibiotic Resistance:
Bugs & Drugs is an antimicrobial reference guide for healthcare professionals.
The Bugs & Drugs® resource is now available in a website format for BC users at the following link: www.bugsanddrugs.org. The website is available to users accessing the website from an I.P. address that is from anywhere in BC. Users can access the website from their personal or work devices as long as they have internet connectivity.
Bugs & Drugs® is the recommended reference for management of infectious diseases and appropriate antimicrobial use. It is peer-reviewed, evidence-based, and frequently updated. Bugs & Drugs® is supported by the Do Bugs Need Drugs?® program and is funded in BC by the BC Ministry of Health, Pharmaceutical Services Division.
For those preferring to use a mobile version of Bugs & Drugs®, further information can be found at http://www.bugsanddrugs.ca/
- A Script for the Doctor, rather than a script for antibiotics: http://antibioticawareness.ca/wp-content/uploads/downloads/PatientDialogue_final.pdf
- Antimicrobial Stewardship in Long Term Care Facilities: http://www.dobugsneeddrugs.org/health-care-professionals/antimicrobial-stewardship-in-ltcf/
- Antibiograms: http://www.dobugsneeddrugs.org/health-care-professionals/antibiogram/
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: http://www.dobugsneeddrugs.org/health-care-professionals/clinical-practice-guidelines/
- Nursing Resources: http://www.dobugsneeddrugs.org/health-care-professionals/nursing-resources/